Thursday, April 10, 2014

First posting

I've tried to start a blog several times, but this time I plan to stick to it.  It's been four years roughly since I first started developing a new book series and now here I am almost finished with the first manuscript, several short stories written and a lot of plot ideas put down on paper for use.

"The Sword and the Stone", while it is the first soon to be published story and leads into the first book, it wasn't the first short story I wrote for the Demon Hunter series.  It was the fifth short story I wrote, but I knew that the first four weren't meant to be published just yet.  Don't want to confuse readers and leak too many spoilers right away.  They certainly helped me though by giving me direction for where my main characters are going, and also in developing a timeline of events so that my stories fit together.

I'm excited about the fact that I am finally taking the first steps in sharing something new.  This new series is going to be fun.  There are times where I spend more time researching lore than I do writing, but the research is necessary if I want to incorporate various creatures, beings and yes even the lore itself into my books.  So, as I write, publish and research, this will be where the more thorough updates will be presented. 

Without further ado, it's time to write....

No comments:

Post a Comment