Monday, April 28, 2014

C2E2

This past weekend was C2E2 and I will start off by saying it was awesome.  Three days of many great guests, artists, panels and costumes.  I had the chance to attend the convention all three days, and I had a great time.  I met some awesome new people, got to see some of my favorite authors and actors, and just enjoy the time.  I let my geeky side show, opting to cosplay all weekend as Harry Dresden.

I got many compliments on my costume as well as many requests to take my picture.  I met many great authors and actors, got some signatures and had a blast all around.  As much as I hoped to learn some things about writing, the few writing related panels I was able to attend were relatively a bust with one exception.  The panel "All Things Fantastic" was really fun and informative and had me thinking about my own work and the themes that they had in common with those involved in the panel.

I think the highlights of my weekend were making new friends, meeting Molly Quinn, Patrick Rothfuss, Eve Myles and Natalia Tena, and being complimented on my Dresden cosplay.  I am hoping to be able to attend next year, but we shall see.

Overall, this weekend was a nice relaxing end to a week of great writing.  I finished the first draft of my Demon Hunter manuscript last week and took a few days off from writing.  This week I return to writing, working a few short stories I have in development at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment